July 15, 2010

Crazy...wonderful...LIFE!

Wow...it has been a while since I updated! Life has been crazy, but wonderful! In the past couple of months I found out my stepson is gonna be a Daddy again and will be marrying a wonderful girl, Siara :) Lawson has had some more problems in daycare so we removed him and are now attending therapy so he can begin Pre-K in September. I became the aunt of an adorable little guy who already has my heart wrapped around his tiny finger! And these are just the biggies!!!

Becoming a Ya-Ya (that's Grandmother in Greek):





Wiley and Siara told us about a month ago they will be welcoming an addition to the family in early February 2011. Their original plan was to get married in May 2011, but they have decided to move that to September 2010 so they can readily prepare for their precious gift. I have been working with Siara to plan the details of her first big day, becoming a wife. I am excited for them and very happy to welcome her into our family!

Lawson - my sweet little man - my hyper little man: 


Lawson continued to have issues at daycare with hitting and not listening to his teachers. After a meeting with the directors and teachers, we decided to give it a couple of weeks to see if we could get things under control. But, that didn't last. Due to, what I believe was their lack of desire, he was removed from daycare almost two weeks ago. Luckily, it has not been an issue for childcare as I have a wonderful family so willing to help! I also think in the long run, that will be what was best for Lawson.

We have found a new therapist that is very skilled in working with children Lawson's age. We see him once a week and, at this time, he has not specifically diagnosed Lawson with ADHD, but will in time. We know this is the issue, we just have to make sure we specify it correctly. In the meantime, we will continue to meet with the doctor once per week, and figure out how to help Lawson be more aware of himself and his surroundings.

Becoming an Auntie:






On June 30 at 4:01 pm, I became an aunt! Jeremiah Jachob De'Quan Johnson made his appearance into the world. He weighed 6 lbs. 13 oz. and was 19 5/8 in long with a head full of black hair! I was so blessed to be with  my sister as she gave birth to this little guy. It was amazing to watch a new life come into the world and see her face the first time she saw him. Her pregnancy was hard and, at times, I wasn't sure she was ready...I could not have been more wrong. She has become a different person in the past two weeks and is an amazing little mommy...JJ is lucky to have a mother that loves him so much!

Life - what an adventure:


Other than the big things, I continue to run the shop in Dandridge. I love it so much better since we moved from Jefferson City. I am working on setting up a Vintage room and hope to have it open by early August.

I celebrated my 28th birthday on June 20 and decided I wanted to teach myself a new skill...so, I bought the "I Taught Myself Knitting" kit and off I went. I am doing pretty good so far...if I do say so myself! I have made a baby hat and, though it wasn't great, it turned out pretty good. I am working on one for JJ now and hope to have it done by Saturday for his first pictures :)

Charlie is working a lot lately and I have been working on some other things, so we haven't spent much time together...hopefully after summer life will slow down and we can take a couple of days to do some family things. We are going to the beach in October and I am pretty sure that cannot get here fast enough!

No comments: