February 15, 2010

God IS working on me...but I have to work on myself, too

Since beginning to deal with some of the issues Lawson is having I have turned more toward God than I have in a long time - I hate to admit that, but it is true. I know that I cannot deal with Lawson on my own, and some days I feel like a single parent because Charlie is so busy. So, God being the ultimate healer and helper, I turned to Him. I can feel Him leading me in the right direction, but I know I have to put an effort into the situation, too.

I was finally able to get an appointment with a psychiatrist for Lawson. I first told you we began this process by seeing his pediatrician; I had hoped it would not take us this long but we will finally see this new doctor on Wednesday afternoon. 

I have noticed the past couple of weeks his attitude is getting more out of hand. He is still having problems at school and he is screaming/yelling at home. He will get frustrated, angry, upset, etc. when he is playing and that usually winds up in a tailspin of a tantrum. It is very frustrating for all involved!

I have noticed my own attitude the past couple of weeks and I have to say, he gets it honest. I have made the decision to also see a therapist myself and begin to deal with my own issues. I can't help him if I don't know how to help myself! I feel like I am losing control of myself more and more everyday. I am on edge, frustrated, agitated, easily upset, and the list goes on - the slightest thing can set me off just because I am so irritated lately. I know I am frustrating the household, not just myself, and that is not good for any part of the situation.

I found a great Podcast today and am very excited to share a specific one with you. It is called MommyCast and this was their 8th Podcast - I wish I had found it a long time ago! This one is specifically about them dealing with their children and ADHD. The one Mother is also dealing with Adult ADD and hearing this was such an inspiration! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments: