July 28, 2010

Life and the pursuit of...love!

I want to first apologize for the length of this post...sometimes I get long winded, and with this one I definitely did :) But, I hope you enjoy the read!

Most girls begin dreaming of marriage, kids and all that entails at a young age. They think about growing up, meeting their prince charming, being a beautiful bride, and then starting a family. Some dreams are big...some are small. No matter how large or small the dream is, it is still something that goes on from a young age.

Sleepovers, notes in class, talks in the hallway between class...they all are leading up to this dream of love that girls have. We giggled, we laughed, we oohed and ahhed, we cried, and we planned. But, does the "dream" turn into reality? Most definitely yes...and no.

I always dreamed of the prince charming. The guy who would sweep my off my feet, make me breakfast in bed, bring me flowers for no reason...all that mushy romantic stuff! Then...I grew up!

My "love" life was a rocky road for a long time. In fact, though I thought I was in love several times, I really never was. I was content. I could do as I pleased, go where I wanted and never worry about anyone else but me. Well, in a relationship, that isn't how it works! But, I was young and didn't know any better...blah blah blah...

Then came September 2004. I was in school at WSCC and met Charlie. He was one of the instructors  of the class I was taking. Though he wasn't my specific instructor, they took turns teaching so I had him a lot because of the days I went to class. I was also on the rescue squad at the time and decided to switch shifts to the be on the truck with my instructors. It was great being on shift with them because I could study, ask questions and get hands on instruction with the equipment we had at the station.

During the nights at the station, Charlie and I began talking. We talked about class, religion, politics, people...everything. We found out we had a lot in common. We liked the same music, movies, foods, and had a lot of the same views on religion, which is important to both of us. After a couple of weeks of talking in person, we began talking on the phone...for hours at a time. Fast forward...


December 3, 2004
After late night talks, dinners, cooking together, meeting family - everything that goes with the "whirlwind romance" - I married my prince charming on December 3, 2004; this was approximately 2 months after our first real "date." 

Now, remember I said that "prince charming" would make me breakfast in bed and bring me flowers for no reason...yeah right! We were married on Friday evening and back at work/school Monday morning. But, we were happy and very happy to be together.

In May 2005, we found out we would be adding two little feet to our family :) This was the plan from the beginning and we were very excited! So, life went on with work, family, doctors appointments, etc...

James-Charles Lawson Williams
January 19, 2006
7 lbs 12 oz * 19.5 in long

Wow, life changes when you have a baby...but it's all worth it! I won't bore you with the details, but if you have had a baby, I am sure you know! Now...let's skip to 2010...

Lawson * June 2010 * 4 years old

My unrealistic expectations of love have gone, but they have been replaced with reality which is much sweeter than anything I could have dreamed! I now have a "Love Is" list and will share it with you in a future post :)



No comments: