February 4, 2010

Decisions...ugh!

The first of the month is always crazy for me. Charlie gets paid the last day of each month, so the first week of the next month I spend paying bills and balancing our accounts; I hate it! It is really hard to live on one income and some months I am just not sure how we will make it; this month is one of those. Luckily, we will be filing our taxed Monday so, if all goes well, we will get some back. But, even a lot of that money has to go to catch us up on some things.

I have been trying to make a decision lately and I am just not sure which way to go. I currently run our store, Blessings Booktique, and am there every day. We do have two college girls that work part-time (very part-time) so I do get a couple of late afternoons to myself when I take them :)

Because we are partial owners in the store, I am currently not taking a pay check. In sight of this, my only options are these: 1. leave the store and find a full time job or 2. work a second job in the evenings. I do not want to leave the store; I love running it and I love being able to promote it in our community. I am afraid I will not be able to find an evening job because most of those are in restaurants; my back will not let me serve anymore, even though I do enjoy it.

So, I got a message today from a friend. She is getting ready to begin selling Premier Jewelry and said I should do it too. I have thought about this in the past and have actually signed up with a couple of Independent Distributor companies. My husband is not for doing this at all and he does not like any kind of "pyramid scheme" company.

I decided to speak with her about it, just so I could make an informed decision. After hearing about the company, and all they have to offer, I am really interested in selling their product. It is something I can do, even at the store. I am excited about the prospect of being able to still be at the store and also make extra money for our household!

We are supposed to be going out to eat tonight with them so they can explain the company to Charlie. I think if he knows there is no up-front, out of pocket expense, he will be ok with me selling it!

No comments: