March 29, 2010

Wait, you want me to be in charge?!?

Wow life has been crazy busy lately! I am a member of an organization called The Order of the Eastern Star; it is the women's affiliation of the Masonic Lodge. Last week I was installed as Worthy Matron, which is head of the body for the year. I have been planning for this for 3 years now, because that is how long it takes to get to that position. It is definitely an honor to be elected as Worthy Matron of your chapter.

Friday night was the night - I was installed as Worthy Matron for the year. I spent most of Friday afternoon at our chapter decorating and getting ready for our meeting - with help from my wonderful hubby who went in as Worthy Patron. It is a huge deal to be elected for this position and a lot of people, from my chapter and others, came out to support me.

So, I spent the better part of the week shopping and getting everything together for Friday...and worrying! I know I shouldn't be so stressed, but this is a big deal and I was afraid of screwing up my first night in the East...ahhhh!!! But, things went well and I am very excited about the upcoming year. I have such a supportive chapter and I know we are going to do great things this year.


This is me and my great group of officers for the year! This picture also includes the officers that installed us that night. I am so lucky to have such a great group of people that have my back this year :)

No comments: