August 9, 2010

My "Heart Sister"

God has blessed me with a wonderful friend...she is my "heart sister." Monika and I met about 7 years ago when I got a job where she was working. We didn't hit it off right away; I thought she was snob and she thought I was a little out there because I am very outspoken. But, as time went on, and we worked together a lot more, we found out we had a lot to talk about. It was the beginning of a great friendship!

I quit working at the store about 2 years after I started. I had gotten married and was pregnant with my first child. I wanted to stay home with him for a while so I quit working. After I quit, Monika and I lost touch for a while. I would still see her at the bookstore, but the she got another job. There was a long gap in our communication at this point.

I am really not sure what exactly brought us back together. I think a lot of it was her getting married. When she got married I was the only friend she had who was also married, so it was easy for us to relate. We began talking more, and the friendship blossomed.

Fast forward...

We are now great friends and she is expecting her first baby...a precious baby girl they will name Sophia Belle. Today, I had the pleasure of hosting her first baby shower. I decided to theme the shower based on Monika's personality and love of animal print and pink :) So, here are a few pictures for you to enjoy!



No comments: